How do you make your customers feel?
By Christine Dubyts, Dubyts Communications
Do your customers rest easy, confident you'll make them look good? Can they relax knowing you'll deliver on time as promised? Do they enter your establishment over and over, assured you will meet and exceed their expectations as you've always done?
Broken down to its simplest form, what all of our customers really want is to go away feeling satisfied, pleased or delighted with the exchange -- aka, HAPPY. One of the most service oriented organizations says it best,
"In spite of the enormous range of products, services, customers, employees, facilities, systems and situations that exist in today's business world, survival depends on making people happy."
- The Disney Approach to Quality Service
So how do you make your customers happy? If you Google, "Make Customers Happy," you'll find 11,400,000 results, with article after article containing tips, hints, and checklists on how to make customers happy. Check it out for yourself, there's some good stuff there.
Our core philosophy, adapted from someone I respect as a business person, colleague and friend, is connected to this "happy feeling," and has been central to our way of doing business for 10 years. He said, simply, "Give people what they want" . . . and this is what we strive to do day after day, taking what people say they want and ensuring it's what they really need and then fulfilling so they go away happy, pleased, satisfied and oftentimes even delighted.
Here are 5 ways you can give customers what they want:
1. Know WHO and WHAT - Know who your customers are and make sure you know what they REALLY want.
2. Make it Easy - We're all faced with too much to do and not enough time to do it. Make it easy for people to do business with you. Be fast, efficient and smile while you're doing it. :-)
3. R-E-S-P-E-C-T - Treat your customers with respect and make them feel like they're more than just your next paycheck.
4. Consistency is Key - Be consistently good and reliably consistent.
5. Promises Promises - Make only promises you can keep!
Back Marketing Resources Page