Tips for proofing
- Make sure there is good lighting.
- Avoid destractions like television or music. The best proofing is done in silence.
- Read over twice (silently then out loud).
- Proof in stages starting with spelling, then grammar then repetition.
- Check spelling by reading it from the end to the begining.
- Use your program spell checker.
- Focus on each word and read slowly. It may help to cover the words you will read next with paper.
- Read once more.
- Read with a freind. One out loud while the other listens and follows along.
- Make sure to check the headings. They are usually overlooked.
- Pay close attention to display fonts and text in bold or italic.
- Watch for inconsistent spacing between lines or paragraphs.
- Double check your contact information.
- Review the spelling of people’s names.
- Double and triple check your contact information.
- If you have used any website addresses, double check you have the right extension. (.ca, .com, etc.)
- Check that your photos are high enough resolution, not pixelated or blurry.
- If you are using stock photos, ensure that they were purchased and no longer have a watermark.
Back Marketing Resources Page